notes and study aids on Myanmar language

Sunday 4 July 2010

Example sentences



Here is a list of progressively expanded sentences, forwarded to me by a friend who gave these words of guidance: "They are not meant for learning so much as to prevent people from forgetting too much while they have had to give up Burmese for a while."

Sentences:

I drank tea.
လက်ဖက်ရည်သောက်တယ်။

I drank a lot of tea.
လက်ဖက်ရည် အများကြီး သောက်တယ်။

I drank a lot of tea and got a headache.
လက်ဖက်ရည် အများကြီး သောက်ပြီး ခေါင်းကိုက်နေတယ်။

I didn’t have anything to eat, so I drank a lot of tea and got a headache.
စားစရာ မရှိလို့ လက်ဖက်ရည်အများကြီး သောက်ပြီး ခေါင်းကိုက်နေတယ်။

I drank a lot of tea because I didn’t have anything to eat this morning, and I got a headache
ဒီနေ့မနက်ပိုင်း စားစရာ မရှိလို့ လက်ဖက်ရည်အများကြီးသောက်ပြီး ခေါင်းကိုက်နေတယ်။

I drank a lot of tea because I didn’t have anything to eat this morning, and now I have a headache.
ဒီနေ့မနက်ပိုင်း စားစရာ မရှိလို့ လက်ဖက်ရည်အများကြီးသောက်ပြီး အခု ခေါင်းကိုက်နေတယ်။

0 comments:

Post a Comment